Although not born in New Hampshire (One of the Lucky Ones) or having spent my childhood Summers in the Granite State, when my employer Data General broke ground in Durham New Hampshire for a new R&D facility in 1986, a little voice inside me said "New Hampshire is the placed you want to be"
I spent 10 years in Milton Mills, sharing the beauty of the Beaches, Lakes and Mountains with my family. As an elected Library Trustee for the Milton Free Public Library and member of the Milton Historical Society, I discovered the amazing history of New Hampshire.
- The First settlement at Odiorne Point
- Brave attack on Fort William and Mary which provided needed gunpowder for the Battle of Bunker Hill
- New Hampshire's vote on the US Constitution (9th) resulting in the ratification of this document
- The Legend of Chocorua
- Pioneers of the White Mountains (The brave and adventurous Crawford family)
- The building of Railway to the Moon (another Marsh :-) )
- The difficult and dedicated work to maintain the Great Stone Face (Niels Nielsen).
The list of New Hampshire historical facts seems endless and i'll spend my life always learning more.
An 80 mile commute to work from Milton Mills to Danvers Mass required a relocation to New York in 1997. Eventually another move to Connecticut and more recently to the Massachusetts town my parents were raised in. To stay connected to New Hampshire i have collected History Books on the Granite State as well as Tourism memorabilia and videos, became a Granite State Ambassador and created this Website . I hope you enjoy reading what I have to share and i'll continue to expand (my knowledge) the best I can .
As I was fortunate to say on New Hampshire Chronicle in Lincoln NH "The Body moved, but the Heart stayed in NH"
Why I Love New Hampshire - Filmed outside The Happy Wanderer Book Store in Lincoln, New Hampshire